City Clerk Angela Cronen, swearing in (L to R) Commissioner McNees, Mayor Trobeck, & Commissioner Milhiem
Welcome New Main Street Manager – Kahler Sweeney
City Hall will be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. This is will for issuing Absentee Voter Ballots, Voter Registration, and Returning your Absentee Voter Ballots. If you have questions, please call the City Clerk’s Office.
Click on the download link below to read the City of Otsego Fall 2020 Newsletter.
Contact Person: Brad Misner, Chief
Phone Number: 269-692-6111
City of Otsego is accepting resumes for a full-time police officer position from qualified candidates. The City of Otsego provides 24-hour police coverage to the citizens of Otsego. The hours consist of 12-hour shifts, both days and nights, 5am-5pm, 5pm-5am, along with a swing shift starting between the hours of 12-3 pm. The position operates under a CBA. The City of Otsego has a population around 4000 people.
- US Citizen.
- All applicants must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Pass the MCOLES reading/writing test.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
- No Felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug screening, and a pre-employment background investigation.
- Applicant must also hold high standard of moral character, be self-motivated, and have good communication skills.
- Starting wage of $22.70/hour, after 5 years $33.09/hour.
- Longevity pay bonus eligible after 5 years of service.
- Paid Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, Holiday Leave, and Comp Time.
- Uniforms Furnished / Cleaned Equipment provided by employer to include Footwear.
- Health, Optical, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
- Retirement and 457 Plans available.
Applicants will be accepted until the position has been filled. To apply submit your resume and cover letter to Chief Misner, firstname.lastname@example.org.