Opening Date: 09/28/2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Contact Person: Brad Misner, Chief
Phone Number: 269-692-6111
City of Otsego is accepting resumes for a full-time police officer position from qualified candidates. The City of Otsego provides 24-hour police coverage to the citizens of Otsego. The hours consist of 12-hour shifts, both days and nights, 5am-5pm, 5pm-5am, along with a swing shift starting between the hours of 1pm-1am. The City of Otsego has a population around 4000 people.
- US Citizen.
- All applicants must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Pass the MCOLES reading/writing test.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
- No Felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug screening, and a pre-employment background investigation.
- Applicant must also hold high standard of moral character, be self-motivated, and have good communication skills.
- Starting wage of $23.77/hour, after 5 years $34.65/hour.
- Longevity eligible after 5 years of service.
- Paid Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, Holiday Leave, and Comp Time.
- Uniforms Furnished / Cleaned
- Equipment provided by employer to include Footwear.
- Health, Optical, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
- Retirement and 457 Plans available.
Applicants will be accepted until the position has been filled. To apply submit your resume and cover letter to Chief Misner, email@example.com.