Contact Person: Brad Misner, Chief
Phone Number: 269-692-6111
City of Otsego is accepting resumes for a full-time police officer position from qualified candidates. The City of Otsego provides 24-hour police coverage to the citizens of Otsego. The hours consist of 12-hour shifts, both days and nights, 5am-5pm, 5pm-5am, along with a swing shift starting between the hours of 12-3 pm. The position operates under a CBA. The City of Otsego has a population around 4000 people.
- US Citizen.
- All applicants must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Pass the MCOLES reading/writing test.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
- No Felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug screening, and a pre-employment background investigation.
- Applicant must also hold high standard of moral character, be self-motivated, and have good communication skills.
- Starting wage of $22.70/hour, after 5 years $33.09/hour.
- Longevity pay bonus eligible after 5 years of service.
- Paid Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, Holiday Leave, and Comp Time.
- Uniforms Furnished / Cleaned Equipment provided by employer to include Footwear.
- Health, Optical, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
- Retirement and 457 Plans available.
Applicants will be accepted until the position has been filled. To apply submit your resume and cover letter to Chief Misner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 – from 9am to Noon & 7pm to 10pm. Please call 694-4390, to schedule a time or we will accommodate walk-ins, as available.
DDA/ Main Street Regular Meeting – Monday, August 10, 2020, at 7:30 a.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 878 9106 4634
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,87891064634#,,,,,,0#,,182953# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,87891064634#,,,,,,0#,,182953# US (New York)
City Hall will be open from 7:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Saturday, August 1, 2020 only for the purpose of obtaining Absent Voter Ballots for the election to be held August 4, 2020.
Friday, July 31, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. is the latest that an Absentee Ballot can be sent out via the postal service. Please plan accordingly.
City Hall will be open on Saturday, August 1st, from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. for voting purposes only.
Monday, August 3rd, you may apply, receive, and vote a ballot at City Hall before 4:00 p.m.
Polls will be open on Tuesday, August 4th from 7am until 8pm. The City’s drop box is available 24/7 to return your ballot. Please note that ballots need to be returned BEFORE 8pm pm Election Day.
If you have questions, please contact the City Clerk at 692-3391 or email email@example.com.
The Next Regular Meeting is scheduled for July 20, 2020.
The City of Otsego’s Downtown decorative lights will be off this weekend (June 26th through June 28th) for maintenance. If you have any questions, please contact City Hall.
There will not be a Planning Commission on Monday, June 22, 2020.